Friday, September 18, 2009

can i just say that i love life??

I LOVE LIFE!!!
Okay, there. I got it off my chest. Whew. I love life. I'm kinda nervous saying that because every time I think life is good, something bad is lurking around the corner waiting to catch me off guard and I slip again into a "why me?" type of mode. My new goal is to stay clear from that kind of attitude. No more asking why me or wondering why life is so awful sometimes. Because it isn't. I recently found a quote that I really liked that can maybe better explain my feelings:

"Two men look out through the same bars: one sees mud and one sees stars."
- Frederick Langbridge


I honestly believe that it's the way we look at a situation that makes life good or not. So, why you ask is my life so good?! Well.. let me explain to you...

Reason #1: I just found out that my beautiful cousin is engaged!!! I love her so much and I'm so excited for her! She's even moving to Hawaii right after she gets married! Talk about a transition! But I know she'll love it even though I'll miss her tons! I love you Kilie!!! :)

Reason #2: I have the best sister in the world. Seriously. I don't think she realizes how much I really love her. Probably because I don't say it or show it as much as I should. But... I LOVE YOU MELISSA!!!! She is seriously someone I look up to in every aspect. She is more than I will ever ever be. She has patience, she's great with kids, she's always willing to help, she takes my silly remarks with a smile, she's always smiling, she loves to be around friends and family, she has such a strong testimony of the gospel, she always has a great attitude, she listens to my stories, and she's already such a great motherly figure to everyone always loving and taking good care of them. Really, she's my hero. I love you sis!
Reason #3: I have the best friends ever. They're so awesome. I know that I can call them up, anytime, and just talk. They have the best advice for me and I take it with an open mind because chances are, they're right and what they're saying is from experience they've had before. I'm grateful for their shining example of how to live my life everyday. I love you all!!!
Reason #4: CRAFT CORNER. Okay, so judge me if you want but I don't care because I think it's awesome. So, one day, my beloved friends Haley and Chloe and I were chatting about the headbands we were wearing. When I mentioned to Haley that I had made mine, we all decided we should share our talents with each other and start a new thing called Craft Corner. Yes, it happens in the library in between classes during our breaks. Our first "craft day" was today, and I must say it turned out quite successful! Marianne, Chloe, Haley and I all made yo-yo's made from fabric. They are the easiest things in the world and on friday, we're making them into flowers for headbands! Go us!! :) Ha, I love the Craft Corner-ers(??). The fact that we're doing this makes my life 2000 times better. Maybe even more.
Haha, we didn't really wear those thimbles... but now that I'm thinking about it, maybe we should've. I heard "ouch" a few times.. maybe next time!

Our almost finished products. Yo-Yo's. Soon to be headbands. I can't wait to finish them at our next "Craft Corner". Haha, how nerdy is that?? Eh.. I love it.


Reason #5: Last but CERTAINLY not least... I'm going to Utah for conference weekend!!!! I'm so excited to see all of my lovely friends at BYU who I haven't seen in what seems like years!! And I'm hoping I'll be able to sneak up to Salt Lake to go to Conference! I've never been before so I'm just hoping and praying that I'll be able to make it up there. How wonderful that would be to hear the Prophet and Apostles of God, live and in person. Wow. I can't wait. :) ahhh!
I LOVE LIFE... just had to say it again.

3 comments:

  1. wow! i love your life too! and i love how you are using photo scape, all your pictures look great!!! I love you and we are going to have so much fun at conference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW! I just saw this! You need to make a craft corner album on facebook! I am so happy to make it onto your happy life list! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen will you teach me how to make these yo yo's??? They are so cute!! love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete