Sunday, May 27, 2012

Trimester: 1

Memorial Day 2011 was the first day I actually had morning sickness. My family went out for our traditional visit to my grandfather's gravesite. He served in the National Guard and was a Colonel. He passed away when I was 9 months old, so I don't remember him much, but his legacy lives on and I love to hear stories of him. We went that morning, and it was kinda hot. I hadn't been feeling too well before we left so I just had a piece of bread for a before breakfast snack because we would be going to IHOP after visiting the cemetery.

Memorial Day, 2011

As the morning wore on, I was feeling more and more woozy. I was also feeling more and more certain that this is what morning sickness would be like. As we were driving away from the cemetery, I knew I wouldn't make it to IHOP without loosing my bread. I hollered for Dallin to pull over and I lost it, right there on the side of the road. Nice. That started it all, but thankfully it only lasted my first trimester.

About 13 weeks along, trying to have a bump

I was nervous that it would last longer. My mom had a reputation for being sicker than a dog when she got pregnant, and I was sure I'd be just like her. Thankfully, I only literally had morning sickness. I would wake up running to the porcelain throne, and be fine the rest of the day as long as I kept snacking.

Last bit of sickness, 4th of July family campout

Come my second trimester, I was done with being sick. I thought my pregnancy would be normal from then out, but I was wrong. Little did I know, everything would change in a few short weeks. My plan of having the baby, taking a short 4 week maternity leave, coming back to school and finishing when the babes was only 8 months old, would change. It would change drastically, and although I didn't see it then; it would change for the better.


No comments:

Post a Comment