Friday, October 19, 2012

Trimester: 3

My third trimester was pretty low key. I was on bed rest for a little while, but eventually my body caught up with itself and I was in the good and could get up and do more; as long as I listened to my body. My mom had all of her kids early, so I was hoping I would be the same. I was anxious as ever to meet my little girl. Time during my pregnancy had gone fairly quick while I was in school, but when I was on bed rest time seemed to drag on. I did have a few things to look forward to though; including baby showers and upcoming holidays. It was also fun to see my belly grow so much the third trimester, along with my face. The face puffing was not as fun to watch though.

One of my favorite memories about my pregnancy was watching my amazingly talented husband make the baby's crib. We found a mini crib online that we loved; and that would also fit in our tiny apartment. We ordered the mattress for it online then got the dimensions of the mini crib and Dallin went to work on it. The day before I went on bed rest, I was helping him sand and stain the crib. I'm pretty sure a combination of bending, and working so hard on it all is what put me over the edge the next day; but it was oh so worth it.

31 Weeks; Pear Family Shower
Mini crib made by Dallin

We also had fun times with family and friends for the holidays. But let's be honest; when are holidays not fun? Never. Remember our Thanksgiving fiasco

Thanksgiving shoot out; 32 Weeks

Christmas time was especially touching for me. It was also very uncomfortable. When I was officially released from bed rest, I went a little crazy. Christmas shopping, apartment hunting, bridal shower planning, etc. The baby dropped incredibly low, and I was feeling it. I felt like I was walking, or waddling, around with a big bowling ball between my legs. Once Christmas came and left, I relaxed more and the pains seemed to ease up. I'm sure if I would've kept going, we would have had ourselves a little Christmas baby. After all, my doctor had assured me she would come "any day now" at my 36 week check up. Note to all future doctors, don't tell a patient the baby will come any day when she's 90% effaced and 2cm dilated, she may stay like that the rest of her pregnancy and curse you for getting her so excited about an early delivery. 

 Christmas lights with the Bensons and Barnes; 35 Weeks

We tried to cherish this Christmas, as it was our last one without children. It was a fun and special time for us. We started a new family tradition, homemade pajamas on Christmas Eve from Santa's Elf.

Sporting our pj's and goofy smiles; 36 Weeks

Between Christmas and baby girl's due date, we tried multiple strategies to naturally induce labor. Spicy food? Did it. Walks? Did it. I walked almost two miles on the treadmill a couple times a week to help things along. One night we decided to try out the swing method and off to the park we went. That was so fun, and a memory I'll never forget. We spent the night laughing, swinging, teeter-tottering, sliding, and all things park. But alas, no baby. I've come to the conclusion that they come when they're ready, and she just wasn't ready to make her appearance yet although we were more than ready.

Night at the park; 38 Weeks 

January 17, my due date, came with much anticipation. I spent the morning getting ready and wondering if today would be the day. I ate breakfast, and soon after lost it. I was thinking it was weird because I hadn't had morning sickness since my first trimester. I went to the kitchen to get some water, only to be running back to the bathroom to lose it again. I knew dehydration was a big deal in pregnancy, and since I wasn't even keeping water down I decided to call my doctor. She advised me to check into triage, since vomiting can be a sign of labor. Off to triage I went, again. This visit was particularly awkward because I was by myself, had to park so far away, check in on my due date with no labor signs except vomiting. After a few hours of liquids and graham crackers I was sent home, a little more discouraged than when I arrived. When Dallin got back from work, we decided to check out some apartments last minute. We found some we liked and told her them we would be back the next day, if a baby wasn't on it's way. She laughed and we left to eat what we didn't know then, our last supper as parents with no children.

No comments:

Post a Comment